Internal doors play many roles – for example, they can provide access and privacy, improve security, help to keep heat in specific areas, reduce noise transmission and create a fire barrier. They also contribute to the interior design of a property. With so much going on, it’s easy to see why selecting the right doors is so important. That’s why, here at Stairways, we offer a variety of bespoke options for internal oak door sets with our Eco-Mercial collection.
Door set styles
Whether you’re looking for doors with a traditional design, or something more suited to a contemporary decor, the bespoke internal door sets in our Eco-Mercial range can be customised accordingly.
Choose from panelled doors with intricate detailing or flush doors for modern simplicity. Other options include glazed, semi-glazed, double and double with a fixed leaf, as well as door options that cater for those with reduced mobility.
While conventional hinged doors are the most popular option, there are other ways that a door can open and close, and these alternatives might offer a better choice for your project due to aesthetic preferences, functional requirements or space limitations.
● Pivot doors simultaneously rotate and swing the door leaf as it opens, reducing the amount of space required and helping to make even small rooms more accessible.
● Sliding pocket doors are another space-saving option that can help to improve accessibility. They offer safety benefits, since they eliminate issues like finger traps and door leaves that unexpectedly swing open, and they are also a popular choice due to their contemporary appearance.
● Swing door systems make it easier to operate a door when manual operation is difficult or too complex.
Internal oak door sets can be manufactured to meet the technical requirements of each project.
● Fire and smoke – Bespoke internal door sets can be created to provide resistance to fire and smoke in an emergency event. We work alongside BWF Certifire to ensure all components of a fire door and door set are properly tested and achieve a minimum resistance of FD30, and the doors are also certificated by an independent third party.
● Acoustic – Acoustic doors can provide privacy or simply keep noise levels down, and they are often used in offices, hotels and houses.
● Security – For locations where security is a concern, our internal oak door sets can be designed and tested to achieve Secured By Design (SBD) approval.
From natural wood grain to solid colours, our internal oak door sets are available in a wide range of finishes to suit your aesthetic preferences.
Just some of the options available include wood veneers in white oak, wenge, cherry, eucalyptus and zebrano; Renolit imitation veneers in such as lime, French Oak and solid colours; and Formica in black, white, grey, blue and green. We also offer a range of glazing options to suit client needs, as well as supplied and factory-fitted ironmongery.
The Eco-Mercial range of bespoke doors from Stairways offers specifiers the opportunity to have beautiful and functional internal oak door sets customised to suit the unique requirements of a project, whether it’s a private home, an office building, school, hotel or something else.
Our expert team will work with you to create a bespoke door set that meets your aesthetic and functional requirements, while also ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, including:
● Building Regulations Document B Fire Safety
● Building Regulations Document E Resistance to the transferral of sound
● Building Regulations Document M Access to and the use of buildings
● BS8300 Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people.